Five Fiery Ways to Market for the Fourth
The Fourth of July, one of the more celebrated holidays in America, is a perfect time for small businesses to make a splash in the marketing world. By combining a fresh idea and an interesting offer or campaign, your business can maximize profits thanks to our founding fathers.
Interested in trying something new but having trouble finding the proper motivation or inspiration? Feel free to work off of one these five marketing ideas. If you like one but aren’t sure how to pull it off, give Compulse Integrated Marketing a call – we’re always happy to help.
- Utilize social media. It’s an inexpensive way to generate exposure and buzz. Be sure to make “sharing” or “retweeting” a focus, too – you could even offer prizes or gift certificates for those who reach certain benchmarks (10 shares, 20 retweets, 50 likes, ect.) Using social media as part of your holiday campaign may draw in a wide range of new customers without you ever having to lift a finger yourself!
- Have a holiday-themed sale. This one, though obvious, cannot be overlooked. Use those three patriotic colors to liven up your business, and give customers 10 percent off while you’re at it! You run a bakery? Dye your frosting. How about a gym? Offer a holiday discount for the Fourth of July only, or maybe host a free class in the spirit of uniting the American people. You’ll be amazed at how easily you can drive up revenue by simply getting into the holiday spirit.
- Cater to Americans’ love for America. People in this country absolutely love showing pride in where they live, so make sure they know that you’re all about what makes the U.S.A. so great, too! Simple things like dressing up as Uncle Sam, playing old patriotic movies or songs in your store, writing a holiday blog post and posting with holiday hashtags are all easy ways to show your holiday spirit. You could also give out cheap freebies like plastic flags, hats and glasses. These are just a few easy, yet effective, ways to win your customers’ hearts even before they start looking at what you have to offer!
- Participate in all the fun. We’re sure there are plenty of things to do in your town for the big day, so get out and be a part of it. Showcase your business at the local parade, or stand by and cheer on the contestants at the annual hot dog eating contest. Just be sure to pass out some flyers (maybe with some coupons attached?) detailing what your business is and why people should stop by on what is sure to be an already busy day.
- Debut a new product or service on the fourth… and promote it beforehand. Been thinking of releasing a new product or service lately, but waiting for the right time to do so? Try launching your saucy stuff on this holiday – and promote it beforehand. If you want to make it a big campaign then you might have to shell out a few bucks, but something as simple as releasing some hint-filled videos or images prior to the big day can be enough to interest customers and convince them to stop by and see what all the hype is about.
Achieving maximum impact with your marketing means finding the traditional and digital tactics that resonate with your audience. To learn more about online opportunities that exist for your business, give us a call – we’d love to talk about your goals and how we can help you achieve them.