We are looking for a detail-oriented and creative mind to craft designs for client websites. Use your passion to give life to the clients’ vision. This is your chance to join an accomplished team of designers and developers to elevate your work to award winning levels. Our ideal candidate will have both knowledge and experience using a variety of design tools and innovation, be comfortable creating, editing, and producing top notch work, while being timely and organized. Help us focus on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and Over-The-Top (OTT) broadcasting to audiences all over the country!
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Must be able to create wireframes and mock-ups that follow today’s trends and best practices.
- Candidate should be detail oriented and able to construct cohesive website themes and aesthetics.
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, Sass and the Bootstrap framework.
- Knowledge of WordPress and building custom front-end frameworks that allow content specialists and designers to integrate content and imagery.
- Confirm markup is consistent, validated, and free of errors while working with our Quality Assurance team to ensure our websites are responsive.
- Collaborating with other designers and back-end developers to fulfill requirements as defined in the contractual agreements with the agency’s clients.
- Ability to implement best practices for Search Engine Optimization within the website design.
- Must be able to execute email-friendly designs that are responsive.
- Familiar with email design standards and techniques
- Will be required to run projects through quality assurance processes as defined by management.
- Complete all projects on time and hand off to email vendor for testing and deployment.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve design problems.
- Able to work within our contest platforms to execute contests within specified time frames.
- Think creatively and design appealing skins around standard contesting templates.
- Remain organized and on top of contesting projects and their deadlines.
COMMUNICATION, CLIENT INTERACTION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be comfortable participating in design discussions with external clients, sales leaders, and internal team members.
- Participation in scope calls/discussion and providing opinions to help estimate the level of effort to fulfill client requirements.
- Comfortable training clients and departmental team members on approved systems.
- Must be able to develop an effective user experience across all agency services from concept to completion.
- Ability to convey our website process with clients.
- Able to understand a client’s needs and goals for a website.
- Able to recommend optimal solutions to problems that arise during a website build.
- Will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and timely responses with client, team members, or stations.
- Must be comfortable working one-on-one with clients to discuss project needs and resolve issues.
- Comfortable creating wireframes and transferring wireframes into working designs.
- Diverse online portfolio demonstrating previous web projects, branding, logo, or creative work.
- Knowledge of building websites from the ground up using WordPress.
- Competency in typing out code for responsive web components in HTML and CSS.
- The ability to design aesthetically pleasing yet effective user interfaces.
- A solid point-of-view regarding design and a collaborative nature.
- Effective and professional communication skills.
- Excellent time management and ability to work self-sufficiently.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
- Able to troubleshoot, problem solve and communicate resolutions effectively.
- HTML5, CSS3, Sass.
- A strong foundational knowledge of WordPress 4.x.
- Able to create a WordPress template from the ground up.
- Ability to incorporate WordPress plugins into template pages.
- Git version control knowledge.
- Mac Terminal navigation and function execution.
- Knowledge of a web-oriented IDE or code editor.
- Adobe CC: Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiar with Google Analytics, Comscore, and other web analytics tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, CS, IS, Digital Media Design, or another related field.
- Previous agency experience with client interaction and excellent time management.
- Knowledge of social networking platforms, SEO, and mobile initiatives.
- Worked with Sketch design tool.
- Awareness of WordPress plugins that can augment production output.
- Experience working in a provisioned environment.
- Experience incorporating node packages into website builds.
- Experience working within Drupal, Joomla or other content management systems.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Hunt Valley, Maryland, United States