Technical Web Lead
Compulse Integrated Marketing, the creative agency arm of Sinclair Broadcast Group, is looking for a skilled and highly motivated web developer to join our team and take the lead on all client-based website development projects.
With the aid & resources of a large national sales team, Compulse Integrated Marketing’s client base is growing at a fast rate, and our customer’s digital needs are diverse. Do you have the creativity and know-how to present our clients with effective solutions?
We are looking for a team leader who will implement and reinforce best practices along our web development production line. It is critical the Technical Web Lead understands web development from a technical perspective with an advanced knowledge of WordPress, and its supporting technologies. To be considered for the Technical Web Lead role you must be experienced WordPress developers with great mentoring skills. Applicants must have a proven track record in application development and leadership. Compulse is seeking an experienced, senior web developer who will troubleshoot various problems including those that are technical as well as functional.
- Plan and coordinate application development projects for client websites
- Work closely with the agency’s technical proposal writer to consult on scopes of work for new business
- Work with agency’s design manager to support and develop projects
- Implement best practices in our agency’s development process
- Build, develop, and launch websites on WordPress and various CMS platforms
- Evaluate current and prospective systems and make recommendations that will promote efficiency and security
- Involvement in all aspects of the application development lifecycle: Idea, Development, QA, Documentation, Implementation, and Integration
- Must be able to evaluate CMS plugins and make decisions for best solutions based on client needs and agency business requirements
- Ensure maintenance and quality of production code
- Must be able to adhere to project schedules, meet challenging deadlines and effectively report progress to agency directors and department managers
- You will be a leader and maintain the vision for the team by ensuring they have the environment and support they need while doing programming yourself.
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to build websites within WordPress from ground up without relying on themes
- Expert level PHP, plus WordPress theme/plugin development and WooCommerce
- Version Control
- OAuth 2
- DNS Configuration
- Apache2 or NGINX configuration
- Knowledge within Amazon Web Services, WP Engine, and Cloudflare
- Working knowledge of web communication protocols
- Must be able to work autonomously and be comfortable executing features from start to finish but be equally comfortable in a collaborative team environment and provide motivational support
- Confident & passionate about personal development in the field
- Motivated to explore new methods for productivity
- Ability to elevate team members & promote collaboration
- Experience with development tools such as VMs, Vagrant, and Grunt
- Experience with other PHP web frameworks: Drupal, Joomla, Laravel, Slim, etc.
- Experience with social media platform integration and Google Analytics API.
- Experience with phpMyAdmin is a plus
- S. in Computer Science or Related Field.
- 5+ Years of software development experience with at least 2 years of PHP development
- 5+ Years of WordPress development
- 3+ Years lead development experience
- 3+ Years of E-commerce system development
- 3+ Years in UX/UI implementation experience
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
Hunt Valley, Maryland, United States