Advertising costs money; there’s no way around it. As more and more businesses flood the marketplace, trying to get their brand to stand out above the rest, the competition for ad space continues to increase.
As a small business owner, you might be thinking that it’s hard to keep up with large corporations that have much larger budgets and dedicated advertising departments. However, the evolution of television and advertising on that platform has narrowed the gap between businesses and their ability to market their products to consumers.
Here’s an overview of how small businesses can leverage Connected TV advertising to serve their ads effectively with a limited budget.
- Increased reach: Billions of dollars are flooding into the Connected TV advertising space because of privacy regulations involved in social media advertising. Connected TVs allow small businesses to reach the ever-growing audiences through advertising on popular streaming platforms, such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
- Better targeting: Connected TVs offer precise targeting options, allowing small businesses to delegate valuable ad dollars toward their exact desired audience, based on demographics, interests, and viewing behavior. This makes the ads much more cost-effective than if they had been used for traditional TV advertising.
- Measurable results: Connected TV advertising provides real-time metrics and data on KPIs that are important to a small business. Data-driven decisions are made possible through these detailed statistics, enabling small businesses to see their ROI and even change their campaign’s trajectory on the fly.
- Enhanced engagement: Connected TV advertising provides a full-screen, interactive, and engaging experience, allowing small businesses to showcase their products and services in a more dynamic way.
- Flexibility: Connected TV advertising provides flexibility in terms of ad format, length, and placement. Advertisers can choose between pre-roll, mid-roll, or post-roll ads, and the length of the ad can be adjusted to match each business’ needs.
Overall, connected TV advertising levels the playing field for small businesses seeking attention in a crowded advertising environment. With the power of connected TV ads, small businesses can be more precise, decrease costs, and automate certain advertising functions to increase their bottom line and ROI.
It’s not an automatic win for small businesses though. Every entrepreneur should ask themselves the following questions before jumping into a CTV campaign:
- Who is my target audience? An accurate demographic increases the value of CTV ads because of how specific advertisers can get with their targeting.
- What is my budget? CTV ads are more cost-effective than traditional TV ads, but small businesses should still know how much they are willing to pay per impression or per click, especially early in a campaign or before they have a specific audience in mind.
- What is my message? Small businesses should have a clear message and value proposition they want to communicate through their campaign. They should consider what makes their product or service unique and how they can leverage that uniqueness to customers who are most likely to see their ads.
Are you an agency looking to raise your advertising game to the next level?
Compulse is the perfect choice for agencies who want assistance executing and analyzing their ad campaigns.
In addition to CTV advertising, we offer solutions related to broadcast, paid search, social advertising, native advertising, email marketing, and much more!
Schedule a One-on-One Demo HERE to Learn More