The Pets of Compulse
Who doesn’t love to come home to a wet nose to kiss? Or a warm belly to rub? Or a fine feathered friend to squawk a hello to?
We here at Compulse love our pets and want to share their magnificence with all of our readers. We’d also like to share a recipe for dog AND human friendly biscuits** that don’t have to be cut into bone shapes…but if you don’t then you’ve missed a great opportunity.
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter (Chunky or Smooth)*
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour and baking powder in small bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, put peanut butter, milk, and honey. Mix at a very low speed with the paddle attachment.
- When the peanut butter mixture is well mixed, gradually add the dry ingredients and paddle until a dough forms and does not cling to the sides of the bowl.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies and place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool on rack, serve.
*Not all peanut butter is safe for pets. Please check ingredients section on the label to ensure that the peanut butter you’re buying is pet safe.
**These biscuits are for Adult dogs ONLY, for puppy friendly biscuits leave out the honey