Front End UX/Design Manager
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Compulse Integrated Marketing, the creative agency arm of Sinclair Broadcast Group, is looking for a talented and dynamic Front-End UX/Design Manager to help lead our agency web team in tackling our ever-growing and diverse customer base.
The position will consist of maintaining and honing the skills of the web development team in tandem with the backend development manager as well as developing new business for the Agency. Successful candidates will be those who are organized and are able to apply focus to concurring tasks. The role will require the candidate to be able to discuss web development requirements across a diverse audience, including Sales representatives and technical leads. It will also require the ability to negotiate and write contracts on behalf of the agency.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, leading people, talking tech, and making sales this job is for you!
- Leading development discussions with Sales representatives, Clients and Web Team representatives in the endeavor to win new web development business.
- Lead the contract creation process for all requests that involve a web component.
- Teaching the requirement analysis process to direct reports and remote Sales representatives.
- Hiring and training of web development staff in all process necessary to complete:
- Web Development
- Email Marketing
- Web Contesting
- Creative Design
- Understanding the entire suite of products the Agency has to offer with an ability to route requests to the proper functional group.
- Maintaining a standard process and suite of technologies across all responsible areas.
- Maintaining systems involved in business operations which includes:
- JIRA Service Desk
- Quote Applications
- Agency Website
- Legacy Intranet
- Agency Wiki
- Corporate Web Properties
- Maintaining managerial documentation which includes:
- Job Descriptions
- Position Review Documents
- Process Models
- Contract Templates
- Conduct training for the purpose of onboarding sales representatives for products and services that are covered under the position.
- Lead business operation system’s development/implementation as a Front-End expert, which includes but is not limited to:
- Conducting conference calls with the client, sales representatives, and Agency staff.
- Leading creation of pre-sales documentation for the purpose of developing new business such as visual design mockups, proposed system models, and draft contracts.
- Visiting local businesses to discuss web development capabilities.
- Guiding staff in UI/UX best practices.
- Lead the building of station promotion assets outside of our proprietary station CMS.
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS, IS, IT or Business Administration with a concentration in IT.
- 4 years of management experience or as a development lead.
- 3 years of working within a marketing agency.
- 1 year of contract creation or evaluation.
- Demonstrate a record of developing quality and maintainable websites.
- Highly experienced in modern front-end web development techniques and software.
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and communicate resolutions effectively across a large team.
- Deep understanding of computer and human interaction and how to apply this knowledge when recommending a technological approach whether it is for sales or internal development.
- System Modeling.
- Preprocessing/Automation suites like Webpack and Gulp.
- Libraries and techniques that implement a subset of the MVC design approach.
- PHP 7
- Mac Terminal navigation and function execution.
- WordPress 4 template creation
- WordPress plugin implementation and manipulation
- HTML, CSS, SASS/LESS
- HTML subset and techniques specifically for Email Marketing
- MS Office Suite
- Understanding of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Comscore
desired extra skillset:
- Experience in legal document writing
- JIRA administration or system design
- Sales experience
- Understanding of SEO techniques and how to implement
- Experience leading a medium to large size cross-functional group
- Writing HTML Email Templates
- QA process design and implementation
- Experience implementing Google DFP tags using GTP API
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!